Thursday, July 12, 2007

Life's a Beach...on Thursday

On Thursday morning Mike & I went for a walk and ended up having breakfast at a little cafe on the main street near the beach. The food was good & they served Pepsi...so no complaints. It was nice to get out & away from everyone for a bit.

Robyn & Sydney woke up and set off in search of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. After a short 20 mile adventure (& rush hour traffic)...they returned with several dozen tasty doughnuts. That was a fun little surprise!! They even bought an extra dozen to take home to Bill.

Just like Wednesday...the rest of the day was spent on the beach...or if you're me...on the porch with my book...again...attempting to get some sort of color on my skin. Syd & I went down to the water once...but I decided I would rather continue to be the family photographer than to get wet & freezing cold!!

Robyn...the "happy hooey" that she is...decided that instead of leaving on Friday morning...that they should drive home after dinner. We were sad, but understood. So about 7 0'clock, Robyn, Syd, Billy, Anthony & Baby Jake headed for the heat of home.

I was bummed...Syd & I were gonna hit up our favorite mall after dinner. This will be the first year in memory without a trip to that mall & to our favorite drink stand "D'Lush." So Richelle & I vowed to shop tomorrow instead...but without Syd...it won't be the same & we are probably too lame to make it anywhere other than the Chula Vista Target.

Mike took the remaining boys...Derek & Carsen...fishing. Richelle & I walked out to collect Carsen after what we assume was the longest hour of Mike's life. They had each caught something, but Carsen's catch came from his cuteness...Mike said people thought Carsen was a doll...so they were offering him their fish!! Derek & Mike caught their own...but are still cute themselves!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

ok i read every "life's a beach" entry. sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. perhaps next year you wont hog all the fun to yourself and you will invite your prettiest neighbor for a day or two - ha ha! anyways - great stories! i am glad you guys got to relax a bit.