I have also never been one "those" girls that gets all stupid about getting or not getting flowers. I don't know why I have never cared one way or the other about getting flowers, but they are SO expensive and they die SO quickly!! I haven't been on the receiving end of the flower getting a ton in my life, but I hope that's because I just haven't cared one way or the other. Flowers definitely don't make or break it for me :)
I knew a girl in high school that got flowers from her boyfriend EVERY month for at least a year!! Can you imagine how much a dozen roses a month costs?? Holy crap...what a waste!! Not only that, but if you get them EVERY month...are they even special any more??
Anywho...Mike & I talked about "what are we gonna do for Valentines Day this year" at least 4-5 times. We are both making ends meet, but lets not get crazy and pretned there is any significant amount of extra money. I know Mike loves me (a lot), so I don't really "need" him to spend money on me to "show" me that he loves me. He shows me everyday, so I already know without a present on a "holiday" for unthoughful guys around the world.
Now that I said all that...when I got to work on Thursday afternoon I had to put 1/2 our lunch in Mike's lunch box (he brought the chicken & I brought the broccolli and the mac & cheese). I had already reminded him to leave the truck open for me...so as I walked towards the truck...I could see a vase of red & white roses sitting on the center console in the front seat of his truck.
1 comment:
Randi,
I must say I feel the same way. And I was pleasantly surprised this year myself. I just love when you don't expect anything because the surprise is so much sweeter after that.
Michelle
Post a Comment