I need to do to further my career. I honestly never planned on leaving patrol type position, but 5 years has come quicker than I thought & I'm just about ready for a change of pace.I love 3rd shift work, but the hours are hard on my body. I hate 2nd shift work, but absolutely LOVE my squad. I'm not in a hurry to leave a place I love to go every day, but feel like I should think about what will come next. Mike & I are on the same squad...which has been a lot better than either of us thought it would be. It hasn't caused us or the squad any drama...& that's very important to us.
If* Mike & I are going to have things go any further than they are right now, we both
agree that working on the same squad isn't a great idea. (*I say "IF" for Mike's sake, but let's be honest, the word I should use is...the word we do use is "when.") Mike isn't ready to leave patrol, and may never want to leave patrol. He wants to try K9 or maybe SAU eventually, but for now I think he is content at work.This week I was lucky enough to spend the week working for our Robbery detail. Rob went to Robbery last August and ever since I have been really enthralled by the work he is doing. The Robbery detail is part of VCB (Violent Crimes Bureau...homicide/night detectives/assaults/etc). The detectives in Robbery investigate all armed robberies, strong armed robberies, aggravated robberies, kidnappings (that are not sexually motivated), extortion, and a few other similar crimes. Basically, they investigate violent felons...that really hurt people & need to go jail.
I had SO much fun this week. I have never done any real work outside of patrol, and I have to admit, I really enjoyed myself. The test for the next Robbery list will be in early summer, but I hope to spend some more time up there before then. It was really neat to see how the investigative side of the department works. I honestly did miss my gunbelt and espcially my squad, but what a breath of fresh air!!

I was able to do two search warrants with our SAU (SWAT)...and I was able to see the introcasies of how to put together several different bureaus of officers, robbery detectives, DEB (drug enforcement officers), ICE (immigration), ATF (alcohol tobacco & firearms), K9, SAU, and others that were needed to get the job done sucessfully & safely.
I worked a lot of over time, but was able to be involved in some cool stuff. For example, we worked a kidnapping most of the week and it ended today...well, we were able to arrest one suspect and get the victim back safe. There is still a lot of work to be done on this case...like find all of the other involved parties.
2 comments:
sounds exciting - now i see why you have been igorning me this week :)
that puppy is SOO cute!!!
lol don't worry your cute too. ;)
Post a Comment