Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Almighty Gift Card

Yesterday Rob & I had to drive to beautiful Globe, AZ to interview a suspect of our already in the custody of Gila County...for other felony charges. (great guy, right?) Anywho, while in conversation throughout the day I must have mentioned having a gift card for this place or that place...because toward the end of our trip Rob asked how many gift cards I actually had. I had to stop and think for a moment...I honestly had NO idea.

I DO know that I find myself not wanting to spend the gift cards I get as gifts unless it's on something AMAZING!! Otherwise, it would be a waste of a gift card...right?? If someone GIVES a gift card, it's because they want you to find the most amazing gift ever and buy it with the card they gave you...right??

Well, today I decided I would find out just how many gift cards I actually do have...and the balances on those cards.

I was amazed at what I learned...more amazed that I have something ELSE to add to my "list" of "What's wrong with Randi?"

Here's what I learned:

I have 27 gift cards with balances totalling $939.55!! What is wrong with me!? I have NO problem spending money...(I mean between the two of us...it's lucky we have savings at all)...why can't I spend a gift card??

(I found #27 hiding after I took the above Pic...)

Just last week, I spent the very last of the Target gift cards we got from the wedding...so I thought I was doing good. I know I have saved the Pottery Barn cards on purpose, because we want to move...and we'll need some new Pottery Barn in the new house(...or babies room).

I have cards ranging from places to eat, shop for home decor, clothes, appliances, movies, sunglasses, books, etc...You name it, I probably have it somewhere or of some kind.

I am now on a mission to SPEND my countless gifts....obviously collected over several years of holidays.

4 comments:

THE FLEMING FAMILY!!! said...

That is a crack up! It's always harder to spend free money...

Nate said...

Uh...yeah. What's wrong with you?!!! You have a gc for Men's Warehouse? That's almost as bad as your brother watching the Bachelor...

N

n8'swife said...

Send some over here, I'll spend them for you!! Too funny!

Carol said...

girls weekend on you you whore