Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It was FABULOUS!!

Richelle already spilled her guts about our fabulous day on Monday, but I thought I would do a little braggin' about my actual birthday on Tuesday!! Mike & I both had the day off...I'm a firm believer that NOBODY should work on their birthday- NOBODY. EVER. It's the one day of the year that is ALL about the birthday girl...or boy.

Anywho...we slept in and then spent the morning/mid-morning just lounging around the house...while lounging I received a fun surprise at the door- a beautiful flower arrangement!! It is SO pretty!! Thanks Pat & Ken!!


Mike had to go to city court (stupid traffic court), and I had to get to my massage appointment that Mike scheduled for me!! It was fabulous!! Mike surprised me with the hot stone massage & let me tell you- it was FABULOUS!! I also decided while I was there that I would sign myself up for a monthly massage the the next 12 months...also FABULOUS (and much needed).


After my massage, I went and got myself a pedicure and had my nails done. Again- FABULOUS!! I got the best message from my sister Wendy & a singing message from my mom...


After my pampering, Mike and I went out for my birthday dinner at Blue Wasabi. FABULOUS!! After our yummy dinner (worth trying BTW), we walked over to the movie theater (the weather was FABULOUS last night!!) and watched He Just Not that into You (also worth trying/seeing).

Then we walked back to the car and and headed home...it was THE best day!!

I talked to my dad on my way home...he left me a message while we were in the movie. He didn't sound overly thrilled that he hadn't gotten ahold of me all day...but we had a nice conversation and I also got my yearly birthday song message/call from him. I get the call every year and have a message or two saved from years ago...it's one of my favorite things.

I also received tons of phone calls, texts, e-mails, etc...it was really nice.

...and then on Wednesday I walked in the door from work and found a fun brown package on the counter waiting for me!! I knew who sent it as soon as I opened the package!! It's funny- Richelle and I can have a conversation without actually speaking the entire words out loud...we just know. So I guess this was kinda like that...we had talked about both desperately wishing we had the steam cleaners that jewelers have...we even looked on-line to see how we could get ourselves one. But that was that...conversation ended & that was weeks ago. What a super fun surprise!! There aren't even words...I wish everyone could have a Richelle. But I'm NOT sharing anymore than I have to!!

I think my birthday is officially over....**sigh**

It was a great birthday, and so far 29 is fabulous.

3 comments:

Kevin said...

That sounds like a wicked good b-day! I dunno how I forgot that I am like a year and a half older than you Randi, but I was a little surprised you're only 29. Enjoy your youth young one! :D

The Willeyes said...

I'm glad you had an awesome birthday week. It is so great that you and Richelle are so close...isn't it amazing that we get to have such remarkable siblings:) What a blessing!

n8'swife said...

What a fun birthday! And now you'll have the most sparkly jewelry ever!