Sunday, March 01, 2009

The Start of the Celebration

Ever since Michael (Wendy's Michael) came into our lives I have wanted what he gave to Wendy for her first birthday they spent together: BIRTHDAY WEEK. I have forever been slightly jealous of Wendy's birthday week. I'm not even sure she still gets a birthday week, but it was that first one that started my longing for my own Michael & my own birthday week.

Funny enough I did find my own Michael, however, my "birthday week" was still outstanding.

Two years ago we spent the day at Pump it Up for Derek, Carsen & Jake's birthday party. It was ON my birthday...and I have to say I had/have NO complaints how the day was spent. In fact, I keep begging Richelle to have another birthday party for the boys at Pump it Up...


That night we got dressed up & headed for Michael's (Wendy's Michael) 50th birthday party. Again, who can complain about attending such a fabulous party ON your birthday...whether the party is for you or not- the food is still yummy, the company is still the best, etc...

Since we had celebrated Four other people's birthdays ON my birthday, Michael (My Michael) didn't have to come up with any of his own plans to make the day special... Unfortunately for me, he didn't think any type of present or even a card was necessary either.

I forgave him quickly.

A year later I found out he hadn't forgiven himself as quickly. He worked several off duty jobs and then announced he was taking me out of town for a surprise birthday trip!! I finally found out where we were going (Magic Mountain & the Coach Factory Store) & realized it was only an hour from Ryan & Michelle's house. I thought I'd have to beg, but he quickly agreed to take me to see them while we were there.
We had so much fun!! Click here, here, & here to read all about last year's fun filled birthday!! We called it my Birthday Week(end)...

SO...this year, I knew we most likely weren't going out of town for my birthday...but last year I decided that I wanted to spend EVERY birthday with my birthday buddy Alexis. Since we share a birthday, we should spend it together!! I'm pretty disappointed that we aren't able to be in California again this year with Alexis...and I'm pretty disappointed that Ryan's family can't be here (I'm actually just freakin' sad that they don't live here).

Luckily, my birthday week(end) this year was started off unexpectedly with yummy Sprinkles Cupcakes left for me by Pretty Carol. I don't normally eat late/right before bed, but I couldn't resist. They were awesome!! Thanks Carol!!


On Saturday I got my hair done...not really a birthday present, but it's always a treat. Then we went out for dinner. Mike said he had made dinner plans for just the two of us and then made other plans for after dinner. HE wouldn't tell me any of the details, but I was pleasantly surprised when we pulled in to the Oregano's parking lot and most of my old squad was standing there!! I love those guys...it was a nice surprise.

I'm off work until Wednesday, and then have a training class the remainder of the week (thru Saturday). Monday I get to hang out with Richelle....so I wonder what we'll do today & Tuesday??

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

How un...you should always have a birthday week:o) even if you give it to yourself! Happy birthday..soon:)

Carol said...

Happy birthday pretty girl! I hope you enjoy your last year in your 20s...then you will be 30 and be old like me - its fantastic!

E said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY. :)
I meant to tell you your hair looked cute on Saturday, but I realized you busy bees could only run in to the Buvala party for a quick minute.

Yeah who wouldn't want to be lavished with love and affection by people who are glad you were born, for an entire week? Sounds awesome.