Monday, May 14, 2007

Greetings From Cancun!! (dot dot dot)

So...Cancun is exceptionally beautiful!! I know I have been lucky...spoiled...whatever word you want to use...in my travels around the world. Every time I see a new place, I just can´t believe how incredibly beautiful this world is!!

Cancun is no exception!! We arrived yesterday and were upgraded to the "Presidential Suite." Can I just say that I could get used to politics!! You enter into our "suite" through a regular door in a regular hallway. That door leads into a small circular entry way with another 3-4 regular doors.

We entered into our room through our regular door...2726...and found a large living room with 2 couches, a kitchenette/bar, a large round table (that sits 8), and a bathroom. Through another door is the bedoom, a full bathroom, and the jacuzzi. The two (2) rooms each have a sliding glass door that leads to the balcony...that leads to the beach.

Yes...our room leads out to the incredible blue water and white sandy beach!! On our large private balcony (on the beach) we have two (2) covered (or uncovred) beds with pillows and a couple regular beach chairs and tables.

The rooms (that have doors in the small circular entry way) all conect...to make a large "family" suite...perfect for a family gathering or coming with a group of friends).

The bed could have been more comfortable last night, but my tired body still slept like a baby. I layed down at about 10pm and slept until 8am...when Mike refused to let me sleep any longer!! He had already been to the gym and to the beach...guess he didn´t want me to miss any more of the gorgeous day!! I heard him all morning talking about how beautiful this place is. We had breakfast delivered to the room and ate it while we lounged in the Caribbean sun.

Mike hasn't really had the chance to do much traveling, so I have been looking forward to this!! It´s fun to show him new things and to watch his face at the marvel of this place. There is just no describing this place (or any) with real justice...you just have to see it!!

We just booked three (3) trips for the week: (1)- to Tulum - Mayan Ruins and to Xe-ha (or something we can't spell or pronounce) -a "water park" that we can snorkel in caves and "cenotes" (another word we don't know the meaning of or how to pronounce). (2) - to some deep sea fishing trip that Mike is gay for...and very picky about...I might add. We are going for 6 hours...not 4!! And (3) - we are taking a trip to "Isla Mujeras." That one (1) we can pronouce, but we don't know the meaning. It is an island close by that we will visit and do some snorkeling...I think. I'm not sure it matter what we do...we are in freakin Cancun!!

I will hopefully get to post some pictures as the days go by, but I know they won´t do this place any justice. A least the water is warm and beautiful...wish day 2 wasn't half over.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello there my sister. I was excited to see your blog. Please keep writing so that I can make fun of you for blogging on vacation like we make fun of Ryan. Haha. No really I already miss you so keep me up to date on your fun.