This evening we went on our daily family bike ride around The Legends golf course. We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful area. Each night we head for our surrounding holes, 10 and 18 right before sunset. The past week or so we have tried venturing out to new holes where we can see more wildlife and take different paths. Tonight we got really adventurous. We crossed over the loop (mildly busy street) and headed for hole 6. That wasn't too exciting at first until we hit a tunnel. We headed through the tunnel and right toward a death trap. We rode up a hill so steep we all had to push our bikes up it. Once at the "top of the course" we had to get down. Dare Devil Derek went first, then mama with baby Jake on the back, followed by Carsen and Dad. All I heard as I turned around was, "Break Carsen!!!! Break Carsen!!!!!" As I turned around I saw Carsen, scared as anything, literally flying onto the golf course. He and his bike flew another 4 feet into a sand trap, continued across the sand only to jump out of the sand trap which launched Carsen off of the bike onto his face. It was all in slow motion for me. There was nothing I could do to stop my poor boy. His face was bloody and his tummy was sore, but that though guy finished the 1.5 mile ride all the way home. He was so brave and only had a few tears. Derek on the other hand was totally bummed that it wasn't him. He tried to talk us into letting him try it too. (We said NO!)
No comments:
Post a Comment