This week has been one of those kind of weeks! I started training again, so work was long (not to mention busy). The days seem to fly by when I train...it's like we leave the station after briefing (about 3:30) and then as soon as you catch your breath it's already 10 o'clock!
Training means LONG hours, with short hours in between shifts. It means less sleep and less time to get anything accomplished. We left work right on time Thursday night (which is really 1am on Friday), but had to be back at work for training at 7am.
I am also trying to complete homework for the communications class I started a couple-a weeks ago. Keeping on top of the reading is the hardest part, I think. OK...maybe just finding the time to actually DO the homework assignments is the hardest part!
On top of the long hours and the court and the little to no sleep, phoenix had three (3) officer involved shootings this week; two (2) on Sunday& one (1) more on Thursday. All the officers are okay...none were even injured. (& that's what matters.)
But...on a happy note: I leave for Cancun next Sunday for eight (8) nights. I am very excited to get away, lay in a chair, read a book, & think of nothing important. I know I was spoiled by Rob, but I miss my cruises every six (6) months & the peaceful thoughts in between of knowing a vacation was just around the corner.
I should have paid for more of my tuition with my tax $$, or maybe I should have gotten my eyes fixed, or maybe I should have just saved some...but I think the vacation may be more important for my mental health than my financial health.
1 comment:
Dang, Cancun huh? I almost went there once. I'm jealous. Be sure to take a lot of pictures so I can live vicariously through you, ok? Have fun!!
Post a Comment