This week they are on an Alaskan cruise...Last week they had Emily, Carsen, & Hayden at the beach house. Richelle was telling me a story about Dad taking Billy to Getro-Center to play goofy golf at Golf n' Stuff a few weeks ago. I guess after their round of golf, Dad let Billy play arcade games...then they went for pizza & more arcade games.
I wanted to be jealous...since MY dad would NEVER have done that when I was annoying & 13, but instead I remembered back to one summer that Carol & I went to stay with Grandma Joyce & Grandpa Fred. We went up to Sacramento when they were there to help Janice...we were there for 3 or 4 weeks...well Carol did leave me for an entire week while she went to her other grandparents house...and left me to suffer alone!!
Anywho...while WE were there, we were pretty dang bored. We had to really stretch our imaginations to keep from being put on suicide watch. If we weren't at Aunt Janice's house...we were bored. If Uncle Whit was home from work...we weren't at Aunt Janice's house.
One boring night, Carol & I convinced Grandma & Grandpa to take us to a place just like Golf n' Stuff...we thought we'd get some money and play some games...our intentions were to have a fun outing that changed up the boredom.
When we got there...Grandpa Fred (blue leisure suit & all), Carol, & myself (Grandma stayed home...she couldn't handle the excitement I'm sure) walked inside. Carol & I stood there waiting for Grandpa to give us our loot so we could play some games & kill some time...we were both SO excited!!

Grandpa at some point realized that he was needing to give his 9 & 10 year old granddaughters, that have no job, some money to play games...or the entire trip would be for nothing. So give us money he did...2 quarters EACH!! That's right...we got to split ONE dollar!!
That obviously lasted about..oh...one game each...so we started searching for lost change or tokens...in the pay phone, the vending machine, the cigarette machine, etc...After the disappointment set in...we went and found Grandpa & went home.
When we got back to the apartment, we (sarcastically) told Grandma how much money Grandpa had given us (I think in hopes that she would yell at Grandpa for being dumb). Instead of yelling at Grandpa & forcing him to take us back and actually give us some money to play games...She said, "Well aren't you Lucky Ducks!" She was very excited & very serious...
1 comment:
oh how i remember that trip all too well! and who took that lovely picture - could have centered it a bit more but what am i complaining about - i am a lucky duck!
Post a Comment