Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Mini Cooper... not a Mini Problem

I'm sure we can all remember the explosion that the mini endured a couple of weeks back....and for whatever reason...the problems haven't stopped...oh the drama!!

The day after the explosion, we found out that my friend died...so getting my car to the dealership wasn't the first thing on our minds. After a couple of days, I called Mike (of Shanna & Mike) and asked if he could have my car detailed...to clean up the remnants of the soda fountain that my car had become.

I took my car to get detailed last Wednesday around 10:30 am...Mike called to say it was done just before 2pm...He also mentioned that the battery had died & they had to push start it...but it WAS running and I could probably get it to Mike's house (my Mike). Mike (my Mike) & I ran over to grab my car on our way to the academy (we did filed problems last week for a recruit class) & drove it the 2-3 miles back to his house and parked it safely in his garage...with the windows 1/2 way down so the seats could dry.

I called Mini & they told me that the battery was under warranty & that if I couldn't get it started, Mini Roadside Service would tow it in to the shop...no problems.

The next day...Thursday...was the funeral & as soon as that was over I had to throw some clothes in a bag for the "trip" to Cali to get Richelle & her brood of children...Then...I had to get my gas mask fitted...and then I had to get to the airport...There wasn't even time to eat until I was already at the airport.

I had planned on having Mini pick up my car on Saturday...while I was gone...so it could be fixed by the time I got back to Phoenix...or soon after. Unfortunately...I found the keys in my purse...with me...in California!!

When I got back to Phoenix, Richelle dropped me off at Mike's house...I wasn't sure how I was going to get home...since I had no working vehicle...but figured Mike & I could figure something out. Mike suggested that I take his truck & he could borrow his dad's truck...Thank goodness for nice family members!!

So...First thing Monday morning...I called Mini Roadside service...& they headed to Mike's house to pick up my car. About 15 minutes later...I got a phone call...the tow truck driver telling me that he was there (at Mike's) & please come outside. I told him that I wasn't there, but that my boyfriend (YEA!! I have a boyfriend!! WOO HOO!!) was there & that he would answer the door...if he could just go ring the doorbell.

He didn't. He left. I called his number several times...but got no answer. So we started over. The second tow truck got my car...& took it "safely" to the dealership....or so I thought. While it was en route to the dealership...I called my service guy & explained the entire situation & what I needed done to my Mini...just a few minor things.

Well...that tow truck DID take my vehicle to the dealership...but the driver unloaded my car & left it out front...windows still 1/2 down (from the detail/seat drying) with the keys in it!!! I hadn't received a call from my service guy & about 4 o'clock I started to worry. As I was dialing the number for the dealership...a NEW service guy (another one) called me to find out why my car was just sitting out front with the keys in it & the windows down. I almost FREAKED OUT all over that dumb ass guy...Lou.

Lou & I talked...and I explained the 3-4 issues that my mini needed looked at for...he told me he would take care of it...get some prices if everything wasn't covered under warranty...and get back with me...that was Monday around 4pm...it's now Wednesday at 12:15 pm...

I just left a message...I am so pissed. Everyone else I know that has either a mini or a BMW raves about the service department. The first couple of times I was there...I raved too...then I started getting jerked around...getting new service guys every time...things weren't getting fixed...and it at least an hour each way...not to mention there are three (3) photo radar cameras on the way...

I explained to him that I I couldn't get to the dealership to get a rental car...so I am technically vehicle-less...he didn't offer to send the shuttle to come get me...he didn't say he would hurry...nope...he completely forgot about me.

I guess we'll have to see if/when he calls back...if not soon...I think I'm gonna freak out all over someone at that stupid dealership!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

holy crap - i hate cars and the problems they cause. fill me in on the latest though. sorry about all this.