Thursday, August 09, 2007

Rembering My Kyle

Tonight, like every August 9th for the last 7 years is one of reminiscence and a heavy heart. I have never really had a public form to express my love for Kyle who died so unexpectedly all those years ago. How can it still seem like yesterday? My memories are all too vivid of the terrible phone call I got on my way to Shiloh's baby shower. I made a u-turn and the rest is painful history.

I wish Randi and Kyle would have made a u-turn earlier that night, but Heavenly Father's plan is what it is. I don't particularly like this part of it, but I know that we have all grown and had something to learn. My thoughts always turn to the verse on mom's wall that goes something like, "Peace be with thee. Thy adversity and thy afflictions are but a small moment and if thou endures it well, God will exalt thee on high." That brings me peace.

The awesome memories of Kyle bring me peace as well. I love the all the camping memories, but especially love the time that the family left early and the 4 of us stayed alone at the campsite. We freaked ourselves out from all the little noises we kept hearing and we ended up huddled together in one tent with a couple of guns. That was funny. It was also very funny when Kyle would run into our house and we'd hurry and lock Randi out so Kyle could hold Derek first. The cream of mushroom soup for dinner, that wasn't so funny. The "80's at eight" was very funny. NO matter what day of the week or time of the night, Kyle asked for us to turn on the "80's at 8" while we played Canasta. Kyle being Anthony's partner, that was really funny. Pretty much they NEVER won and Anthony never complained. The silly trips to Target and the fun trip to San Diego. These all bring a smile to my face and tears to my eyes.

Randi put together a beautiful video of all the photos she has of Kyle. If you want to see it, just let us know. Randi you are so strong and so brave. I am not sure how you made it through all of this, but you are doing great. I am proud of you, cause this is hard for me and I can't even begin to imagine how that multiples for you.

So when you read this think of our wonderful Kyle and smile. Then say a little prayer for Randi and all those who lost their son, brother and friend.

We love & miss you Kyle!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thank you for posting this. It makes me want to post a few favorite memories myself.

I remember when Kyle and I left your mom and dad's wedding dinner at my parents house for a bit and he drove me in the camero over to the guy's house who I liked and we did a drive-by but that wasnt enough for Kyle - he decided to go back into the courtyard and honk and peel out :)

Speaking of peeling out - I still remember when he peeled out of the church parking lot on their way to the honeymoon - I wonder what he was in such a hurry for?!

I remember going repelling with him 4 days before he passed away and being so impressed with all of his repelling knowledge and his mad skills he had going down the mountain.

Thinking of you Kyle and Randi.
Love ya,
Carol