SO...a few months ago (yes, months) Mike told me that he was planning something special for my birthday!! I was very excited...last year (although I had a fantastic birthday) my birthday kinda revolved around other people. Derek, Carsen & Baby Jake all had their birthday party on my actual birthday. And Michael's 50th birthday party was the same night. I think I had more fun than the boys did at "pump-it-up" and Michael's party was awesome!!
Anywho...Mike said he wouldn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing. He put in for me to have "court leave" scheduled, wrote my name on the calendar and even had to work off-duty to make it all work, but it was SO much fun!!
Mike couldn't keep the secret the entire time...first he told me we were going to California, but that was all he would say. Then he later got excited and told me we were going to Magic Mountain!! We have been wanting to go, but have just not gotten off our butts and done it...so this was perfect!!
Richelle and I realized last week sometime that we would be VERY close to Ryan's house...and that we would be
close enough to surprise my brother and his wife on my birthday AND the day Michelle was being induced.
We left after Derek's baptism on Saturday afternoon and headed for Valencia, California. We made good time…we ate in LA and checked into the hotel just in time for sleeping. We actually (don’t be shocked by this) woke up at 8am to get ready for MAGIC MOUNTAIN!! I know...you don’t believe me, but it’s TRUE!! The hotel had a free breakfast, but only until 10am…which happens to be the same time the park opened.
We ran around riding roller coasters for most of the day…and as sad
as this will sound…we rode batman twice, but rode the other coasters only once. They had two new rides since I had been there last…Tatsu and SCREAM!!...but Mike hadn’t been there since Superman was the newest coaster…and that my friends…was a VERY long time ago!! A lot of rides were closed due to the (very) windy conditions…that sucked, but we’ll go back!!
Anywho...Mike said he wouldn't tell me where we were going or what we were doing. He put in for me to have "court leave" scheduled, wrote my name on the calendar and even had to work off-duty to make it all work, but it was SO much fun!!
Mike couldn't keep the secret the entire time...first he told me we were going to California, but that was all he would say. Then he later got excited and told me we were going to Magic Mountain!! We have been wanting to go, but have just not gotten off our butts and done it...so this was perfect!!
Richelle and I realized last week sometime that we would be VERY close to Ryan's house...and that we would be
We left after Derek's baptism on Saturday afternoon and headed for Valencia, California. We made good time…we ate in LA and checked into the hotel just in time for sleeping. We actually (don’t be shocked by this) woke up at 8am to get ready for MAGIC MOUNTAIN!! I know...you don’t believe me, but it’s TRUE!! The hotel had a free breakfast, but only until 10am…which happens to be the same time the park opened.
We ran around riding roller coasters for most of the day…and as sad
Tatsu is supposed to make you feel as if you are flying...and it does a pretty good job!! The chairs are pulled up 90 degrees and sit under the track...so there is nothing between your harness and the ground...a very long way below!!I took Mike on my two favorite rides...Batman and Goliath. He had been on Batman, but not Goliath. We sat in the front on Goliath and Mike didn't expect the first big drop...it was awesome!! We bought that picture...so I'll scan it in and add it soon..our faces are being pulled back by the "g" forces...it's dang funny!! Mike also loved Riddler's Revenge...heck...we loved all of it!! Oh...and I of course had the best part of any theme park adventure...a Churro!!
For dinner, we found a little Italian place down the street from the Hotel. It wasn’t bad, but we’ve had better. The service was so-so at best…and the Mexican guy trying to have an Italian accent…that was just comedy!!
For dinner, we found a little Italian place down the street from the Hotel. It wasn’t bad, but we’ve had better. The service was so-so at best…and the Mexican guy trying to have an Italian accent…that was just comedy!!
No comments:
Post a Comment