Wednesday, March 05, 2008

MY actual BIRTHDAY!!

On Monday (MY BIRTHDAY), we woke up early again…no not noon…we were up by 8:30am!! We took part in the free breakfast again, loaded the Mini Coop to near its capacity and headed for the hospital.

Richelle did our spy work to find out where they were having the baby…and Richelle’s Christmas present did the navigating!! (side note: if you’ve never used a “garmin” or another type of GPS device…I HIGHLY suggest it!! The entire trip was stress/map/getting lost free thanks to my new friend “Garmin.” All we had to do was type in the address and Garmin would direct us…it was Heaven!! We didn’t get lost once!! Anywho…Sunday after dinner, I spent about ½ an hour plugging all the necessary addresses we needed into Garmin so we would be ready for the remainder of the trip.)

Garmin took us to the Los Robles Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California. Just before we got to the hospital, my dad called and said that Michelle had delivered about 30 minutes prior…and that everyone was happy and healthy. We continued to the hospital so we could complete our surprise visit to the newest member of the family…born on the BEST day of the year!!

Ryan looked SHOCKED when Mike and I walked through the hospital room door!! Alexis Ivie was less than an hour old...not even bathed yet!! She is fat and SO cute!! Of course she needed to have her hair washed...but she still looked great!! Michelle was very calm...very peaceful...it kinda freaked me out!! Then I realized this was her THIRD delivery...I think she's got it down!!

Everyone was happy and healthy (and needed “alone” time, so we left to spend the rest of my birthday doing my favorite thing - SHOPPING!! Mike had planned to take me to the Coach Factory Store at the Desert Hills Outlets in Cabazon, but I just happen to find one a few miles from Ryan’s house!! LUCKY ME!! I got to Coach #1 in Camarillo in my birthday (and then Mike still took me to Coach #2 in Cabazon on Tuesday!! …but that’s another story). I will opt out of this portion of the story…just know that Mike spoiled me and even better…I got some birthday presents taken care of the “funner” people I know!!

After shopping, the sun looked as if we might have time to make it to the beach to watch the sunset!! We JUST missed it, but it was still absolutely beautiful!! We took some pictures and then had Garmin direct us to Ryan’s house. I knew nobody would be home, but I wasn’t sure if we’d get there on limited time schedule and I have been curious about where my only brother lives…

I’m sure someone called the police…because we pulled up in front of the house and sat there for about 10-15 minutes just staring Ryan and Michelle’s cute little house…while we figured out what to do for dinner. We headed back to our new hotel in Camarillo and got on-line to find a dinner location.

For my birthday dinner, I found a sushi bar that had great reviews. We had a blast!! We had great food and then I got a little something special from the restaurant!! Mike asked our waitress (that barely spoke broken English) to take our picture…because it’s my birthday!! This statement made our newest Asian friend very happy!! She said (we think) that they had a little cake, and a song…with the lights out. I agreed to the cake, but I don’t think she understood that I was very happy without ANY song…and I’m pretty sure the one other couple in the restaurant was very happy without it too.

Before I could escape…all the lights dimmed and the music over the sound system SCREAMED some rendition of “happy birthday”…while the two waitresses laughed and exploded confetti poppers on me and my mound of frozen whip-cream ding-dong covered birthday cake. It was AWESOME!! We laughed SO hard!! I can’t remember laughing that hard…EVER!!

After dinner, we picked Ryan up a chocolate milk-shake and headed over to his house to say hello…to actual people. Unfortunately, Emily and Bella were already sound asleep, but we sat and talked to Ryan and Michelle’s mom Bobbie for a couple of hours. It was a great way to end the night.

What an AWESOME birthday!!

No comments: