So on Tuesday…YES THERE IS MORE…we woke up even earlier…my alarm we

nt off at 7:30am, but I think I ignored it until 8am ( I mean come on…what are we…working 8 to 5?) We had the free breakfast of course and then began our journey home!! We decided it would be fun to take PCH (the Pacific Coast Highway) from Oxnard to LA…for more of a scenic route. This added A LOT of time to our drive, but it was SO worth it!! The view was fabulous and the weather was awesome!! We stopped along the way for pictures and then admired all the Malibu beach houses as we drove by.
Once we hit I-10, ok…before then…I had to use the bathroom like you wouldn’t believe. I hadn’t mentioned all of the liquid I had cons

umed because I thought we’d stop for lunch somewhere along the way. When the urge was unbearable…I begged Mike to pull over!! Unfortunately, we pulled off the freeway in East LA. We were THE only two WHITE, ENGLISH speaking people to be found. Even the McDonald’s drive-thru girl spoke Spanish!! I walked into a Subway to use the bathroom, but they didn’t have one. A local “gang” of guys called me several things I didn’t understand…so I hopped in the car and immediately put my gun within reach and I yelled for Mike to DRIVE!! Mike already had is gun in his lap…and patiently drove my over-extended bladder to a Chevron across the street.
I was never more thankful to be in America…where I am allowed to arm myself!! It tr

uly sucks to be on vacation and be armed and watching my back as I took a “Dramamine” pill from my bag in the back of the Coop. Talk about NEVER being off-duty…we were in the middle of the barrio for sure. (I guess we also traveled through the “worst portion of the county” when we drove from the sunset to Ryan’s house the day prior)…who knew? We’re just the stupid white people from out of town…but we’re both armed…and we don’t mind shooting first!! Too bad we can’t program “avoid the barrio” into the Garmin!!
After our potty break…we continued our travel eastbound towards Cabazon!! Mike let me shop for a good long time, but I really didn’t buy too much…couldn’t find anything I “needed.” I did find 3-4 things I “wanted,” but hey…something is definitely better than nothing!!

We finally set Garmin for home sweet home and Mike drove us safely back to Arizona. We were on the road from about 10:30am-ish…until we pulled in the driveway at 10pm. We were both exhausted, but both very happy. We needed a good break from work…and from life in general!! This weekend was not only the perfect “break,” but it was also the most PERFECT birthday EVER!! I hope 28 is as fantastic as 27 was!!
3 comments:
I love the drive along PCH from Oxnard to LA (well, north of LA). Bummer it takes so long, but the view is georgeous!
If you like strawberries and ever have the chance, you should go back to Oxnard in April for the most AWESOME strawberry festival. We went in 2002 and ate some of the most yummy strawberries ever... BTW, I love reading your blog!!
HAPPY LATE-BIRTHDAY RANDI!!!
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. I hope 28 is a great year for you!!
What beach did you go to? (Looks like Leo Cabrillo). Anyhow, we never ever take the freeway to LA because the PCH is so much more relaxing and ends up being quicker at least half the time.
I should have told you that the temple is only a few miles from the Santa Monica pier. The visitor center has some nice toilets that don't require a side arm for protrection.
Thanks for coming!!!
Post a Comment