Sunday, March 09, 2008

Yard Work

I spent my day trying to get my unorganized house/yard/garage ORGANIZED. I also did this the Thursday before my birthday...and didn't even make a dent in the yard work...plus it cost me 10 hours!! Today's weather was awesome...so that made the whole day better. The weather was perfect for picnicing, a lake trip...anything but yard work!!

On the Thursday...I spent 3+ hours in the yard, filled up a big black garbage bag with weeds, had numerous blisters on many fingers, and did at least 500 squats. The weeds won...they weren't going away quick enough so I moved on to my next project...I had to re-hang the sunscreens on my living room window.

At the start of this project I was internally cussing out the screen company, but after I was more involved...I began outwardly cussing out Fulton Homes...they made the house so crappy that the sunscreen company had to make believe a new way to hang the sunscreens. I'm surprised they lasted the 3.5 years they did!! So Fulton sucks and the screen company is retarded!! If they would have mentioned to me that my window was put in crooked...it would have been within my warranty time for it to be fixed!! ARGH!!

After a quick trip to Home Depot, I got the stupid screens put back up...just as crappily as the screen company. I also bought gloves and some weed/grass killer for the yard.

This morning I broke out my trusty new gloves and set out to make a dent. I started by edging the grass and then mowing it. As I was in the middle of this fun filled task, Nick decided it would be fun to "hang out" with me while I worked and he talked. This WAS fun...FOR HIM!! I don't expect him to help with the weeds, but if you are gonna stand outside and watch me work my butt off...bend over a pick a weed or two!!


(the pic is of me & my hair after the grass, weeds, weed killer, etc...I need a shower!!)

That's okay...Mike promised he'd come over and help with my yard too...he didn't show up either. He's been promising to help me "next weekend" for so long that I finally decided to look at the calendar for this notorious "next weekend" that he keeps talking about!!

I couldn't find it.


After another 4+ hours outside (the weather was gorgeous)...the yard is still a mess, but I made a lot of progress. I'd show you pictures, but I'm too tires to walk outside. The gloves helped quite a bit, but I still have blisters. This time I sat down for the majority of the work, so I only had to endure 200+ squats :)

After the yard work, I moved to the garage. My garage is always clean, but I swept it out & then told myself for the 500th time that I REALLY wan/need to get garage cabinets. Or at least 2 more of the shelving units I already have.

After the garage I moved to the office...I moved here thinking I should probably start on my homework, but instead I started putting crap away...shredding stuff...and now this.

I am tired & really dirty...and hungry!!



p.s. my Mini Coop got hit by a boulder on the freeway the other day on my way to work!! It scared the CRAP outa me...here's a picture of the damage...if you can't tell...the glass is missing chunks and its all caved in...the friggin' boulder almost came THROUGH my windshield!!

3 comments:

rymiembeal said...

Scary! (I'm talking about the rock on the freeway, not your hair).

Carol said...

i saw your windshield the other day when i dropped off my purse for you to borrow. that was freaking crazy. jared and i also liked the cigarette butt in your grill, we figured your car had been through a lot since going to california.

ps - love the yard work hair do!

rymiembeal said...

Bella and I are reading your blog. She is dancing to your awesome music and totally singing along to songs I'm sure she has never heard...ever!

Michelle

PS...I can't believe your luck. The car, the yard, the non-helpers!