Sunday, March 23, 2008

Science Project

I heard that Robyn and Richelle were taking their kids to the science center on Friday, so I thought it would be fun to take the day off and tag-along. Let me tell you...FUN was the right word and the wrong word...just depends on how much sarcasm is used!! I spend A LOT of time with my sisters and their kids...especially Richelle and the boys.

I know what to expect and at the end of every adventure I usually find myself driving home in silence thanking the big guy upstairs that I have NO kids. Not because I don't LOVE my nieces & nephews more than I love life, but damn, I am ALWAYS soooo EXHAUSTED by the end of the day!!

For this fun filled adventure, I was already in the "red" for not enough sleep. It was a long week at work and I was only able to squeeze in about 3.5 hours before getting up to get ready Friday morning at 9am. As long as I am keeping busy, I can go go go for hours & hours on this amount of sleep. Add some caffeine and I am good to go.

First, I met Chelle and the boys to get their pictures taken. It was a "fun" filled event...boys DO NOT like this event nearly as much as girls do. The crappy picture taker wasn't helping the situation either...luckily Richelle's boys are the cutest babies in the entire world, so we got some good shots.

Next, we stopped at Taco Bell for a quick bite to eat on the way to the science center. Luckily Robyn met us there and Sydney hopped in with us. She was a HUGE help getting all the boys fed (and somehow she stayed clean too). We had Hayden with us too, but he's NO trouble...just an extra little smile in the very back of the mom-mobile with Carsen.

We finally got on our way about 1pm and then waited in the Good Friday/Spring Break line at the science center (buy your tickets on-line...then there is NO wait). We were all excited to see the Dinosaur exhibit...they move and make noise this year!!

Well...they DO move & they DO make noise, but their aren't very many of them. There were about 5 exhibits and then 2 exhibits the kids could play with. The Dino's were very cool, but for the money it cost to get in...it was LAME.

We moved on to the other standard exhibits which were very cool. I had never seen them before, so it was fun for me. Sydney & I had fun with some of the human body stuff...we made videos...no worries.

After the science center, we dropped Carsen & Hayden at a birthday party. We unloaded Derek at home with his dad...& we took Jake with us to run some errands. The only stroller Richelle had with her was this crappy, broken umbrella stroller. It kept collapsing as we were walking...we laughed so hard...it was dang funny!!

I picked up Rae from Dad's house and then headed to Richelle's for dinner. When I got back to Richelle's house I picked up that crappy stroller & had Derek take it to the trash!! NO stroller is better than that stroller!!
While Richelle picked up dinner, I bathed the 3 littlest boys...got them ready for bed & then got Jake in bed. I think Richelle was at her limit, so it was just easier to get it all taken care of. Hayden and Carsen were exhausted, so they crashed out after a few more minutes of play time.

I left Richelle's at 9:30 & headed home to get ready for work. That's right!! I worked a shift from 11pm to 4am to earn some extra money. The shift was pretty uneventful, except for the DUI I watched hit our new light rail median barriers repeatedly for 300+ feet. By the time I got home...around 4:30-4:45 am...I felt like I had been hit with a truck.

Oh well...it was a great day overall...I love spending time with my sisters and their rambunctious kids...they definitely give life meaning...and no matter how crazy they are...I still get to leave at the end of the day!!




Here are all the pictures from our Science Center Field Trip:

1 comment:

Merry in Japan said...

Which science center did you go to? the one down town?? Looks like a lot of fun!!