Saturday, November 08, 2008

Brownie Troop Revisited

I had dreamt of this day for longer than I can remember…and had even come to terms with never having “this” day. I hadn’t spent much time feeling “nervous” and I never got “cold feet.” I had actually felt eerily calm…but something not so good happened to me Friday night...the worst possible thing a bride could feel…

Everyone left late Friday night after too many hours of working too hard…I had planned to stay at Wendy & Michael’s Friday night, so I retired to “my” room. My stomach was a bit upset, but I figured it was just the old pizza I had eaten after not eating enough all day. I also felt SO incredibly dehydrated…for the second or third day in a row...but having worked patrol for over 5 years, this has happened too many times. I figured it would pass.

Before getting into bed, Wendy came in…we had a few minutes of sister talk and sister tears and sister hugs…and then we went to bed. (side note: I have THEE best sisters on the planet...there are NONE better than mine!!)

My room was freezing (and I mean freakin’ cold) because the flowers were being housed in my room. The 600 red roses had to be kept at 65 degrees…so the room was about...oh…65 degrees. We even moved the flowers outside where it was at least that cool and turned up the a/c, but the room was still FREEZING. I went to bed in 3 pairs of socks, a t-shirt, a jacket and sweats. I shivered for a while…and as I laid there, wiling myself to PLEASE go to sleep…I felt something I have not felt since I was in the brownies…the unmistakable, unforgettable, I’m gonna puke AND some other stuff RIGHT NOW!!


Let me just tell you that I had never really liked being a Brownie…and I hope to never be a brownie again. Even if I could go back and get to wear the matching brown dress I longed for back then…I still hope never to be THIS again.

After that episode…or about 8 episodes, I was able to get a few hours of “sleep” before the house started to come alive again. Before I knew it, everyone started to show up to put to finishing touches on our big day. I unfortunately did not feel “right” and was praying that I would feel well enough to be as happy on the outside as I was on the inside…well…parts of my insides.

I didn’t do much Saturday morning…I rested in bed, had some toast and some Sprite (thanks Pretty Carol)…then I got up and started to get ready. Luckily, little by little, I did feel better, but to be honest, I was not myself until Sunday night or maybe even Monday.



The ONE meal I had been thinking about, planning & dreaming of…I didn’t even get to enjoy...DAMN. No strawberries, a tiny piece of chicken Marsala, NO lemon squares, NO bruschetta, no lasagna, a bite or two of the mac & cheese dish that was to die for…the food smelled and looked and from what I could tell tasted fantastic, but I honestly couldn’t tell ya…and that sucks.

**I am putting off posting ANYTHING about the actual EVENT because I have NO pictures!! I have my post all done...just NEED photos!! I have asked, begged and will cry if necessary, but nobody that took any photos will send me ANY!! WTF!? I don't get taking pictures of people and then NEVER sending them out to be enjoyed!? I saw several people with cameras...?? So...if you took pictures or stole someone else's pictures that they took...can you please, please, please, PLEASE send the to me!!!!!!!!!!! I would LOVE to see what our wedding looked like through the lens!! Thanks :)**

4 comments:

Carol said...

i know i wish i had picture too! dang it. some moh2 with no pictures.

E said...

Um, I took around 300 pictures, and made a slide show the next day, sent it to your family members also, and I will GLADLY email you more than the couple pics I sent you on Saturday. Planning to add them to a disc also. I have had that slide show posted in my blog for the past few days.....
Hope you are having a wonderful honeymoon!

E said...

Ooops, I meant that I sent your on SUNDAY.

E said...

Ooops, I meant that I sent YOU on Sund...oh whatever you know what I mean.
I can't type....or spell.