We slept in a bit…although I wouldn’t exactly call 8:30 “sleeping in.” We decided to be lazy today and venture out to see what was happening nearby. We walked although the Waikiki area of Honolulu. When I was in Honolulu before, I saw a small piece of Waikiki and then we drove to a few other parts of the island. I had NO idea some of what we saw yesterday even existed!! If I had known, I think I may have booked a different hotel. Our hotel isn’t bad at all…it would just be nice to be a bit closer to all the happenings of downtown.
We then walked and shopped our way back towards the beach just in time for sunset. Just as the sun was about to drop in the water, the clouds covered every inch of light...Damn!! We just sat there shocked for a minute…then we moseyed down the beach to our hotel.
For dinner, we decided to try Tepanyaki style Japanese food. We found a place that we walked to called “Kobe” and were happy with our choice. The food was pricey, but excellent. We were the only two at our table, so it was a nice experience to have a seasoned chef cook just for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment