We made it to the canyon and began our drive up the long windy road that didn’t stop until we were at over 4,000 feet. We made several quick stops at the various lookout points. The first one (3400 ft) was breathtaking!! It was hard to grasp how large the canyon is until one of the helicopters flew by and looked as small as a mosquito. We continued making our way up, each stop better than the last.
There was one more stop up the road, but we were being overtaken by the clouds, so there was no reason to continue driving just to see fog.
I’m not an overly religious person, and I usually keep my religious opinions to myself, but it is places like this I know God lives. There is no question in my mind that anyone less than perfect could not create such wondrous beauty.
After the canyon, we went to a beach near the city of Waimea. Mike napped and I read until the sun went down. This was pretty much the first time we relaxed and just lay on the beach since we’ve been here. There is too much to see…too much to do…and we know our time is running short.
Everyone should get to visit Kaua’i…it is truly one of the most beautiful places I have been. I wish were staying longer, there is so much more to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment