Tuesday, November 25, 2008

It's Never Too Late

Saturday November 8th, 2008 was the day our
Happily Ever After finally got started...

We all spent the day getting ready for 4:30...a few minutes before it was time, my fan club helped me into my beautiful dress and made sure everything was perfect. After my slip was on, my garter was perfect and my make-up was checked and re-checked by more than one person...we all headed out to either take a seat or walk down the aisle.

I was waiting for my turn in the back hallway...I was so excited I even had butterflies!! Just hearing the music as it started to play made tears of joy roll down my face.

and then the mother's were seated by a loving son...

The Bridal Party made their way down the aisle...


The Flower Girls Flowered their way down the aisle...

And the Bride was escorted by her Father...

When it was finally my turn, the music started and everyone stood. I took my dad's arm and he lovingly escorted me down the aisle. When I saw Mike standing there, waiting for me...I got more butterflies and I was so excited to see how handsome he looked. He just smiled at me; his smile comforted my butterflies.


My dad handed me off to Mike and we took each other by the hand.

As I stood and walked toward Mike, he said "Wow!" I think my heart skipped a beat...

Vows were said, promises made, confessions of true love and passionate friendship...

A husband & a wife kissed for the first time...

After the ceremony, we took some pictures with our best friends.

Mike's dad Ken, Mike's brother Patrick,

my pretty cousin Carol & My pretty sister Richelle.

Our wedding day went by so fast, it was like a dream. It was the perfect day...I can't think of one thing that went "wrong." It was the fairytale every little girl dreams of...it was beyond perfection. Every little detail...every ounce of hard work, blood, sweat and tears that went into the planning. There are no words for how amazing everything looked.

We took photos, ate some food (very little food), did our best to mingle, took advantage of the best gift I've ever received - the photo-booth, danced, tossed the bouquet, cut the cake, toasted, threw the garter and then stuffed my beautiful dress into my Mini Cooper.

I have sat here and I have tried to write and re-write my account of the perfect wedding that was ours, but it's hard to put my thoughts and my feelings into words. It was the most amazing day, surrounded by people we love, all dressed up...at the most beautiful, fabulous party I have ever seen. Every detail was incredible...the food was fabulous...the cake was delicious...the flowers were breath taking...even the lilies floating in the pool were perfection. There wasn't one thing out of place...there isn't one thing I would change...

Well...maybe one thing. I would go back and slow down the clock. Our perfect day went by SO fast!! There were friends we didn't get to talk to...treats we didn't get to enjoy, more laughing...more dancing...more time in that beautiful dress...I just wanted that night to never end.

It truly was my fairytale wedding...our Happily Ever After that finally got a chance to start. It just goes to show...it's

never too late!!

5 comments:

Kevin said...

Wow. Thanx for sharing this. I love the look you chose. Beautiful bride, handsome groom, picturesque locale. It's got it all. That shot of you & Mike and the pillars in the sunlight? AMAZING. :D

Merry In America said...

Looks like an amazing day! Here's to the rest of your life as husband and wife!!! Congrats!

Carol said...

you seriously looked amazing!! the place was fantastic and every thing was perfect...um, can we do it again?! seriously. i will take a redo with you just so i can have fun and get pretty again :)

ClanRodgersAZ said...

It was fabulous!!! I loved every minute. You picked the best pictures for the blog. I wish the day could have lasted too. The pictures will help us to relive the memories. Love you. Mom

lindie said...

Your pictures are absolutely amazing!! And your DRESS!!! LOVE-IT!! I'm so happy for you. You looked so beautiful:)