Tuesday, February 03, 2009

25 Random Things

I got this on Facebook, but thought it would be fun to post here because I use this as my journal & so I can "tag" some of my favorite people. It's a challenge to come up with 25 random things about yourself, but it was also fun.

Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose a few people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you

1. I can't believe I'm almost 30!! So far, I think life is getting better and better!! I am very proud of everything I have accomplished in my short little life!! I have a great career, a great hubby, I'm 98% done with my degree, my retirement is only 14 years away (if I choose), my family rocks!! & my butt is still a size 6!! What could be better than all that? :)

2. I wanted to be a motorcycle cop for as long as I can remember...but the closer I get to having a family, I'm not sure I'll ever get on a bike & get to wear those awesome boots!! However, I'm happy with just getting to be a COP!! The best career choice EVER!!

3. I can't get enough of my sisters!! I want to see them ALL the time...If I don't talk to Richelle EVERYDAY I don't think I will survive!! Each one brings something so amazing to my life...they are all unique & awesome role models!!

4. I graduate from NAU in May...FINALLY!! I truly regret not finishing school when life was not as complicated... When I graduate in May, I will be the 5th of my parent's 6 kids to have a degree...the only one of those 5 without my Master's. (Raelynn is kiddo #6 & has Down's...safe to say she's happy without post HS education, but she did graduate from Deer Valley HS.) My siblings rock!! I think it must be neat for my parents...both have (or had) their Master's too. Education is important and I appreciate my parents making it a priority in their lives...which in-turn made it a priority in our lives.

5. I have been in a knife fight and survived!! It's a LONG story that I refer to as "Black Hawk Down", but needless to say it was an amazing & eye opening learning experience. I even got knocked on my ass and can still say that I am proud of how my partner & I fought. :)

6. My birth mom died when I was 15. It still kills me that I don't KNOW her...and I miss her more as the days pass...It scares me a little about having my own daughter...I don't want her to know this feeling.

7. My mom died from colon cancer...so I think it should be more widely talked about, even though it isn't pleasant. We (my siblings & I) all get colonoscopies every 2 years to help prevent colon cancer spreading through us...I'm sure our children will do the same since her cancer has a genetic link. And no, they don't hurt.

8. My dad remarried the most amazing woman, whom I have deemed "mom" along with the rest of my siblings. She didn't give birth to us, but she loves us, she loves my dad and she loves Raelynn. She truly is a blessing and a wonderful woman. I can't believe she's only been in our family for 1 decade!! ...seems like forever!! She is also THE world's best Nana...I can't wait for her to get to love my children!!

9. I love ALL my nieces and nephews SOOO much!! Nothing in this world brings me greater joy than to spend time with them...& then go home to the peace & quiet!!

10. I'm sure I have a degree/form of OCD/anxiety disorder :) I tease, but only partially... LOL

11. I LOVE to travel!! There are sooooo many places I want to see still!! Italy has been my all time favorite so far...the food, the people, the beautiful country side...I can't wait to go back!!

12. I am a phlebotomist...for 5 years now!! I really enjoying investigating a DUI, complete with a blood draw by muah!!

13. I love to SHOP!! Whether for me or for someone else...I LOVE IT!! My closet shows how much!! Once I find something/a store/a deal I like.....that's it- I tell anyone who will listen!! I TRULY enjoy finding THE perfect gift for someone. I HATE giving a crappy 1/2-ass gift just to give a gift. I LOVE to make people happy with giving something they will LOVE!!

14. I drive a Mini Cooper!! I love my little car!! I am sad at the thought of a "family" car, but refuse to put a baby seat in the Mini (for numerous reasons). Maybe I am sad at the thought of a$40k car payment!?

15. I am Nationally Certified to install child safety seats...and have been for years!! It's a PASSION...I have seen some AWFUL, but preventable things if only parents had used their safety seat CORRECTLY!! I am sure I have offended people because I ALWAYS have to chime in if I see their seat is installed wrong or that their baby is "installed" wrong.

16. I want to be a mother...I can feel my heart BEGGING, but my brain (and my outa shape booty) knows it isn't time yet.

17. I want to learn how to sew!! I can't wait until I finish school, so I can start taking classes I WANT to take!! I am gonna take more photography classes too...and maybe some cooking classes? Somewhere between being a teenager and not having enough extra time to breathe, I became obsessed with learning whatever new thing I've got on my mind!!

18. I LOVE to work out, but have NO drive on my own. I need someone to kick my butt...like a personal trainer or even just a friend that won't let me say "I’m too tired or too busy"!!

19. I don't think the death penalty is used enough. I think more people should be put to death instead of rotting away for numerous life times. I wish judges held people to a higher standard and gave harsher punishments that required people to think before they act. I also believe that sex offenders should lead the path to the electric chair or firing range...

20. I know I am biased, but I had the most spectacular wedding EVER!! My sisters did most of the planning, and it was AMAZING!! Having said that...I hope my kids elope. AND having said that...we really wanted a beach/destination wedding (much smaller than we had), but couldn't bear the thought of my husband's family not being able to be there...wouldn't have been the same without the entire family. And by entire family, I mean the nearly 70 members of the immediate family (parents/siblings/spouses/children).

21. My name is already on a gravestone & I have my own plot. Isn't that odd?? I don't go to the cemetery anymore...it creeps me out. But I do have one...and that's where I will end up someday...hopefully a long time from now!! I bought 3 that day...

22. I was able to have the house we live in built on my own 5 years ago!! It was one of my goals in life. I had SO much fun picking everything out and watching as each step was completed. It was even fun to sign that mortgage paperwork ALL BY MYSELF!! It is an incredible feeling to KNOW I can make it on my own...it's an even better feeling to KNOW I don't have to!! EVERYONE should feel these things!!

23. I could eat pizza EVERYDAY. I LOVE IT!! My friend Mike always says, "Pizza is like sex, it's never bad." I totally agree!!

24. I despise people that drive DUI & think it's OKAY. It's not. Everyone makes mistakes, but the majority of drunk drivers are NOT doing it for the first time. I think DUI conviction for second time offenders and up should carry a MUCH harsher sentence...and should come with a FELONY conviction. CALL A FRIGGIN' CAB!! or here's a thought- STOP DRINKING!! I also think the penalty for KILLING someone because you were DUI should come with the death penalty!! :) Technically- if YOU chose to drink, and YOU chose to drive...it's the same thing as picking up a 2500+ lb loaded weapon, pointing it at an innocent crowd and pulling the trigger.

25. I only wear Nike tennis shoes/running shoes. And because I ONLY wear a Nike shoe...that means if I wear "name brand" workout clothes/accessories, I only wear Nike. I have to match...I honestly couldn't wear an ADIDAS shirt, Nike shoes and Reebok shorts. I would rather die...it might cause a heart attack...I am feeling overwhelmed just thinking about it. :)

**Savannah, Sydney, Brooklyn, Carol, Ryan, Rebecca, anyone who wants to??**

2 comments:

E said...

You are an amazing person, Randi.

I am not interesting enough to write 25 random things about myself.

This was great read.

Mrs. Buv said...

Thanks!! & Yes you are!! Trust me...took quite some time to come up with stuff I thought was "okay" to write down for everyone to read (& wouldn't think I was a freak!!)