Monday, February 02, 2009

Retirement & The Superbowl

This weekend was a busy one for us.

Saturday we had three parties that we were invited to attend:

1. Our Niece Kieran's 13th Birthday Party

2. Our sister-in-law Sarah's Birthday Party. (We are hoping to celebrate next weekend.)

3. Our (well my former) Lieutenant's Retirement Party.



We were invited to the retirement party long before the other two, so since we haven't figured out how to be more than one place at a time- we had to pick #3. It was a great party & fun to celebrate the 32+ awesome years Lt. Bob Sparks spent in Law Enforcement. He is one of the few people responsible for the start of the incredible DUI enforcement program this state has.


Lt. Sparks was one of the first people to welcome me to PHX PD & make me feel like I was home and a part of my new family. It was a hard switch, but thanks to him...I stuck around and love it everyday.


I also met Mike when I started with Phoenix...so it was definitely a good move. :)


On Sunday, we were also invited to three different Superbowl parties. We ended up at Shanna & Mike's to watch the game and then went to Dave & Muffin's for poker. I don't know ANYTHING about poker, but I always have fun just sitting back and watching. Mike lost $40 quickly (even tho they were quarter chips), so we headed home just after midnight.

I woke up Monday morning with a soar throat...I didn't remember "screaming" at the TV on Sunday, but my allergies have been acting up, so I figured my throat was just dry...or something. Not so much...I laid in bed longer than normal...hoping to feel better. I felt worse & worse...until I officially announced, "I'm freakin' SICK!! ...ugh..."

I took the day off & continued feeling worse & worse...


We watched Transformers tonight & I am happy to finally have finished putting together an album with our wedding pictures. I like the pictures, but I'm not sure I love the album I chose (sorry Syd). I may need to find something else...we'll see how I feel about it when I don't feel like I want to cut my throat out.


p.s. The above picture is of Sydney wearing Steelers' colors...what a punk!! I am gonna give her the benefit of the doubt and believe she was just cheering on the opposite team of her loving parents because she's 16 & that's what 16 year old do... Shanna also HAS to be a Steelers' fan because her loyal, loving husband is and has been for as long as I've known him. She's just keeping happy home. I know they both love their home-town team deep down!!

p.s.s. We LOVE LOVE LOVE the show "The Closer" on TNT. We have to watch it together- or it's not the same. Anywho...tonight's episode was SOOO funny. Okay....within the first 5 minutes the funniest parts were over, but we were laughing out loud & even rewound Tivo to watch it again. Here's the sad part- if you aren't a cop...you won't laugh & if you watch it you'll be disgusted and won't get it AT ALL. We laughed harder as we talked about how screwed up we are. Oh well...at least we have each other. :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

sounds like you guys had a good and busy weekend!!