Monday, February 09, 2009

What a Catch!

So today I started the huge job of moving ALL the stuff {i.e. furniture, toys, books, art supplies, bedding} out of 3 bedrooms so I could begin the boys bedroom "remodel".


Room one: emptied, vacuumed, baseboards washed & vacuumed, all wood fixtures in the room painted & awaiting tape and caulk.


Room two: emptied, vacuumed, baseboards began to vacuumed, but the vacuum was acting funny. So I turned it over and opened a few compartments and emptied out a lot of gold fish crackers. Then I noticed a lot of strings around the beater bar. So, I started to pull them out. One by One. All of a sudden I was hooked!




As you can see, I was literally hooked. Some type of stupid fishing hook was stuck in my finger. Deep in my finger. I called my mommy and daddy immediately and when they arrived and my dad yanked on it with pliers, it wouldn't budge.


So off to Urgent Care I went with my daddy. After a long wait, the Nurse Practitioner deadened my finger. (Litocaine: First - ouch, then - love). A small cut was made, some tugging done, more cutting, more tugging and it was finally out. After 2 stitches, I was on my way home.

5 comments:

Mrs. Buv said...

Let's see a picture of the finger minus the hook...

OUCH!!

Sorry this ruined your project & somehow I feel I just got roped into helping :)

Xoxo,

Randi

E said...

Oh dear, I am still squirming. YOWCH. I hope it heals up fast, Richelle.

The Willeyes said...

OUCH! oh my gosh. I hope it gets better quick...especially since you are half way into your project now:) Better call those sisters!
Melanie:)

rymiembeal said...

I would be sad for you but...go to the "Retta Cliff" blog (linked on my blog) about 4 posts down...same scenario except the guy took the hook through his lip.
2 stitches is cool.
How did you let dad tug on that?

Carol said...

yikes! that makes my finger hurt lookin' at it. between you and derek how many times do you guys go to the ER :)

you guys are to adventurous...you need to be boring like me that way you dont get hurt :)