On Tuesday and Wednesday I worked, my regular long days. Unfortunately, late in the afternoon I got a text telling me that Anthony's mom was transported via ambulance to the ER. She was later admitted due to high blood pressure and pneumonia. We spent the night visiting her, while Nana and Grumpaw took care of 2 of the little ones. Derek was making a cake with Nana for scouts Blue and Gold Banquet.
Thursday morning I woke up early and finished the final preparations for the new bedroom carpet. Then it happened... the day I have been waiting for for months... the carpet was delivered and installed.
Just before the installation was complete mom and dad arrived on their white horse to help me put the chaos back together. The day I have been waiting for all my life, a great day with my dad. He taught me how to put a giant bunk bed together, using a variety of tools and all the while smiling and talking. It is a day I will cherish the rest of my life. I so appreciated their love and support more than they will ever know. I finally had to kick them out at 6 pm. I continued to work until at least midnight and Anthony took Derek to his Pack Meeting.
Friday morning I woke up early again to prepare for my impending medical procedure. Mom again arrived on her white horse to take me to the doctor and then returned me safely back home while I spent the remainder of my day and night in a medicated, delirious wake/sleep state. Mom remained with me all day and cleaned my house until the boys came home. Instead of running away, she took them to the park and to dinner and didn't return them to their father until bedtime. She is truly a selfless angel.
Saturday I moved around slowly, but surely putting away and cleaning up the remaining piles and closets until about midnight, when it was all finished.
Sunday was a wonderful day of rest complete with a trip to mom and dad's for dinner and a fun visit from Regina and family. Life is bliss and I am truly blessed!
Today the sisters and mom were able to have a nice lunch to celebrate Wendy and Randi's birthdays and then I was SO lucky to spend the remaining day and night with my best friend. Randi went with we to PCH to visit one of my kiddos who was just diagnosed with Leukemia, then to a Dr's appt. and then just running around getting a few decorations for the kids new rooms. We returned home with a big bag of lollipops which made all the boys very happy!
1 comment:
It was THE best day...just what I needed... :) Thanks for loving me...and thanks for making me think twice, or more, about having my own rowdy household :) haha...just kidding!! I'm so jealous...
(and TOTALLY jealous of your day with Dad...)
Xoxo,
Randi
Post a Comment