Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Prettiest Sister's 25 Things

I finally thought of my 25 random things...thanks for being the scribe Randi!!


1. Even though I always wished/hoped/prayed for a daughter, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having my three boys...complete with NO GIRL DRAMA!!

2. Anthony is seven years older than I am, but we are normally mistaken for the same age- luckily it’s my age we are mistaken for.

3. I love to eat candy; especially mint-o-green Lifesavers. I ALWAYS have a secret stash in my purse. I would replace regular food with candy if I thought I could survive off it.

4. I HATE, HATE, HATE exercising, but I do enjoy being active. Ie: hiking, riding quads, bike riding, etc…I just don’t want to “exercise,” I want to be out having fun being active.

5. I believe just about everyone on this Earth needs to be medicated & we’d all be better off if it just came in the water supply.

6. I am not an Obama fan/supporter/believer. I don’t buy into the trickery that he sells the country in his eloquent speeches written by someone other than himself. I also don’t believe he is everything his supporters believe he is…

7. I think being the “middle child” is the best position to be in. I am the luckiest child in my family…I got to grow up with my two older sisters & my 3 younger siblings too. I was included in the firesides & games nights with Robyn, Regina and their friends, but also got to talk through our bedroom vent to Ryan (our rooms were connected by the air vent)…and Ryan, Randi (and we probably drug Raelynn too) built late night forts on our bottom bunks with all the pillows in the house!! We also used to sneak down the hall, crawling on our hands & knees while using hand/foot signals (to warn about parental presence) to sneak a peek at whatever Dad was watching on TV…usually MASH or “Are You Being Served”.

8. One time, while being punished for not sweeping the floor (ie: not obeying), I peed my pants while my Dad tugged on my earlobe to guide me through a close up of why the floor needed to be swept.

9. I am deathly afraid of bugs!! ALL bugs!! One time we were all camping up North and Kyle tricked me into thinking there was a moth on me. I cried and screamed…it wasn’t funny. In my defense, a week later, I found out I was pregnant with Derek….so it had to be the hormones, right?

10. I own my own business and love it.

11. I was the first of my siblings to get my Master’s degree. Almost all of them of followed my example…because they were jealous.

12. My favorite brother is…nope- not gonna go there!! Oh! Just kidding Ryan!!

13. When I met Anthony he was 24 & I was 17…it was such a big deal back then, but now…who even cares?

14. I made Ant go to my senior prom when he was 24…and he loved me enough to wear a light pink cumber bun and bow tie.

15. I play Derek’s Nintendo DS more than he does & even get a bit upset when he “borrows” it from me…same with his iPod that he paid for with his own money.

16. I believe I have finally figured out the real reason behind my mother’s early departure from Earth: KIDS!! My first comment after delivering Derek was, “I should have been nicer to my mother!” I love each of my boys more than words can express, but they drive me bananas…I can’t imagine having six kids, one with a handicap, one extra foster child for several years, 3 teenage girls at one time, etc…death seems logical most days!!

17. I was blessed with two mother’s…The first one gave me life & the second one saves my life on a daily basis. My first mother taught me how to read, to love one another, the difference between right & wrong, the importance of the gospel, and all the other stuff a good mother teaches her young daughter. The second one reinforces the same lessons and is always there for all my boys and me. I love them both very much and appreciate everything each one has sacrificed for my happiness and success…I am glad I get both because I could NEVER pick just one of them. I consider myself lucky for being one of the few girls to get TWO fabulous mother’s. If I got the two best mom’s…who did everyone else get?

18. I played the flute and the piano growing up…playing an instrument in front of people makes me want to vomit…not sure why Sister Pearson forced me to play the piano for Young Woman’s & Sunday School opening exercises EACH & EVERY Sunday when others played MUCH better and weren’t swallowing their own vomit!! (my hands would literally be shaking.) …and for the record…I played for a countless number of Sundays & practiced for more hours than it took me to get both degrees and I still messed up each & every Sunday. Amen.

19. Having said that, I still find it brings me peace to play the piano when nobody is listening.

20. I hate pets…I think they are useless…why bother? Kids & spouses are enough work…there isn’t enough time already. Anthony still maintains Kyle’s fish tank…even after almost 9 years. Our poor, sad, bark collar wearing dog Buster was only purchased/brought home because I was on VACATION with some girlfriends!! It must be a life long punishment for leaving Anthony with 2 young boys…HIS young boys.

21. I have Hashimotos disease. Yep…I do…not a joke.

22. Carsen & Jake aren’t twins, but have the same birthday…just 3 years apart!! Jake came 3 days earlier than planned/scheduled/expected…so he and Carsen ended up with the same birth date & I had to miss the Bon Jovi concert because of it.

23. I love hanging out with my sisters & mom…I even wish we could continually be planning some large, extravagant event (like Randi’s wedding) so we could spend all that time together on a regular basis. It was soooo much fun for those 90 days to be consumed with such a large task that we could all work on together.

24. My biggest pet peeve is when people (ie: one of the four males living in my house) get something out (ie: tools) and don’t return it to where it belongs until I return it to where it belongs. Why can’t people with a penis put stuff away where it belongs? FYI: moving things into a pile, does not = putting stuff away/where it belongs.

25. I love Bon Jovi…even more than you can be imagining…and I have loved Jon for years. Randi has my first concert t-shirt (from the Slippery When Wet tour in 1988). She claims it rightfully belongs to Ryan, even though it’s MINE & I paid for it. Ryan and Randi both wore it during high school cross country from 1992-1998. It’s so worn it’s nearly falling apart and see through. No worries, I have purchased several other Bon Jovi concert shirts over the years…I have only missed the tour because I gave birth the day before the concert instead of the day after like I my induction was scheduled for. My kids are also HUGE Bon Jovi fans and sing the songs with me as loud as we can while driving everywhere we go in the Mom Mobile.

5 comments:

rymiembeal said...

Best list so far!!! My favorite one, and surely Nate's favorite, is that there are hundreds of former runner's that had to read "kiss em where it stinks" for mile after mile...

The Hawk's Prettiest Daughter said...

I totally agree with your number eighteen. I've never been asked to play in church, (I wouldn't just throw up, I would die.) but I have been asked to play by myself in class in front of a million other people, and every time I end up crying and shaking. =(

ClanRodgersAZ said...

Love it. Made me cry. Mom

Nate said...

Oh yeah! Iam surprised that shirt is still in one piece!

Carol said...

that was super fun list to read...love it!!