I finally decided I was sick enough for a doctor's visit yesterday when I woke up...my ears hurt, my eyes felt as if they could blow right outa my head & my upper jaw/teeth were aching!! I figured my cold had finally turned into the sinus infection it usually does.
So I headed out to CVS in an attempt to find the "Minute Clinic" Richelle is always talking about. The pharmacy tech at CVS told me they didn't have one, and the closest one was not close. However, there was a Walgreen's close by that did have one.
I went there and signed in at their "Take Care Clinic." I was surprised to be the only person in line, and was asked back before I could even sit down. The nurse practitioner, Marty, was very nice and got me in and out quickly...in under 45 minutes!! It took me forever to fill the prescription, but still way less time than urgent care!! It was also less money!! The visit only cost me my copay of $15, and the prescription was my normal $10!!
When the Pharmacist explained the medication, he said it could cause some unpleasantness that I could avoid if I ate yogurt after taking the medication. I knew I didn't have any yogurt (that hadn't expired) at home, so I begrudgingly drove across the street to Fry's.
I ran to the Desert Schools (inside Fry's) to pick up Mike's debit card we didn't pick up on Monday, then walked down the closest row towards the dairy section in the back of the store...on my way I passed light bulbs & remembered the light in our bedroom had a bulb burnt out & we were outa bulbs that size. I picked up a two-pack and kept walking.
I got to the yogurt and there were at least 6-7 old Sun Lakes residents (Sun City of the East Valley) standing in front of the yogurt cases...plus there was an employee with a cart FULL of yogurt to restock the yogurt cases. I waited for several minutes...probably whining a little- from the pain of both standing upright for so long & because I was SO annoyed!!
I finally pushed my way through, grabbed four boysenberry (thanks Ryan) yoplait yogurts & was on my way. I also decided I should pick up some ice cream for Mike . We haven't had a new carton for awhile...& that would make him very happy!! So I grabbed a 1/2 gallon (or whatever stupid size they are now for more $$) of Dreyer's Drumstick Flavor (YUM) and closed the freezer door. On the door I saw chocolate syrup, which Mike had specifically asked for a few days ago. It was even on sale!! So I grabbed a bottle...and was on my way to the checkout and back to bed.
So here's me- sick, sneezing, unable to blow my nose (hands too full), can't hear well because of the fluid in my ears, sound like crap...with a two-pack of light bulbs, four yogurts, a 1/2 gallon of ice ream, and chocolate syrup. When I get to the end of the row, I stop and let the heavy cart traffic pass...and then- everything in my hand goes FLYING!! I caught the light bulbs, ice cream, chocolate syrup, and two yogurts. Two of the yogurts landed on the floor in front of me...one went SPLAT!!
OK- by this time, I have had my limit. This is the first time I have left the house in days, my eyes feel as if the may rocket out of my head at any moment, I can't breathe well, and my yogurt just went SPLAT!! in front of me ON THE FLOOR!! I didn't know what to do- so I just stood there, looked at the yogurt & cried.
Yep- I cried...and NO- I'm not pregnant!!
I'm not sure if it was the explosion of yogurt, my sickness, the way I brought attention to myself when I can't even imagine how disheveled and awful I must look...but I cried me a few tears, scooped up my good yogurt...placed the broken on a shelf next to the crash site & made a beeline for the self-checkout. The older women around me just looked confused...and maybe a little frightened.
I paid for my loot & was in the Mini driving home as quickly as possible. Funny part- the light bulbs are sitting on the island, the three yogurts are in the fridge (uneaten) and the ice cream topped with chocolate syrup is deelish!!
5 comments:
Yeesh, that was quite the ordeal. But, I'm glad the ice cream was deelish at least. :D
That sounds exactly like how I would have handled that...well done:) I hope you feel better-FAST! Enjoy your ice cream and WHATEVER else sounds good. Take Care!
{{{hugs}}}
Oh man...sucko.
I can't believe someone didn't help you when you dropped your stuff. Get well soon.
it's one of those "why me" at the time, but make a hysterical story for later! loved it!
Post a Comment