Sunday, May 18, 2008

The big THREE FIVE for my Mike!!

So far this weekend was a lot of things, but the best word is BUSY!! On Saturday we started at Mike's parents house with Ivy's "Welcoming Ceremony." The ceremony was nice...I've never been to anything like it before, but I am always open to new experiences. It was actually a lot like the baby blessings I am used to, just different. (that makes sense and you know it)

After the ceremony was over, I rushed to Robyn's house to finish last minute stuff for Mike and Bill's birthday party. About 3ish...(or so) all of our family and friends started to show up...well a few of each :)



Last year we got home from vacation on his birthday. Nobody was able to help celebrate Mike turning 24...plus we spent the day traveling. It was NOT the best birthday for Mike. This year, I wanted Mike to have the best birthday EVER!! (like he did for me!!) So Robyn and I planned a joint birthday party...it turned out pretty dang good.

Carlys agreed to decorate the birthday cakes...she does an awesome job and the cakes turned out amazing!!

Bills Scuba Diver cake:
Mike's Fishing cake:



After the yummy food and all the swiming, we opened presents. I got Mike a new camera and was SO excited for him to open it. I couldn't wait!! The best part...HE LOVED IT!! Plus, he was so excited that every other gift was either a gift card to Cabbella's or a gift card to Bass Pro Shops...his two favorite stores :) He's cute...I love him!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

looks like the party was a success! i am sorry that we missed it. the cakes look great, she did a great job. happy birthday mike, i have just one question though, if you turned 24 last year, how did you turn 35 this year?! :)

ps - randi go read the paragraph next to the pool picture :) love ya!