I could never remember the date that mom's gardenia's always bloomed in the front walkway, but I always remembered it was around mother's day, which I thought was so appropriate since it was her favorite flower. Since moving from the old house Anthony has purchased a couple new gardenia bushes for me, but they have never been very successful. The last one he purchased 2 years ago is finally a winner. It is fully bloomed, just time time for mother's day. It makes me smile and miss my own mama, all at the same time.
2 comments:
i have those in my backyard too - arent they great smelling :) we cut them off and put them in water and then my kitchen smells all pretty like me!
I feel your pain. I can't smell gardenia's without thinking of mom. I have two in my front yard too, but like mom's shrubs, mine don't bloom nearly as long as they should. They need more sunlight and some gardenia food.
Post a Comment