Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 2...Mike's birthday!! YEA!!

Today was a fabulous day!! We started off at breakfast and then moved to the pool. I relaxed and read one of the books I brought, while Mike made new friends and played water volleyball.

At 2 o'clock, we headed off the SPA!! Mike FINALLY agreed to getting a massage...so we scheduled one for each of us!! Mike said he enjoyed his and will probably be up for getting a massage again in the future. I experience the BEST massage I have ever had!! Seriously...Jorge was amazing and I think I will be going back before we leave!! WOW!!

After the spa experience, I headed back to our private pool area and continued to read book number 1. Mike made some phone calls about our upcoming fishing trip and played on his myspace page (I knew he would be addicted).



At sundown...We got cleaned up and headed to dinner. We were sent to a small place called "Albertos" that serves fresh seafood. We got a coupon for free "nachos" from the hotel...so we cashed in. I'll include a picture so you understand why they were free!! WOW...we agreed that they were THE worst nachos ever made.
For dinner I had grilled shrimp - definitely some of the best little swimmers I have ever eaten. Mike got mahi mahi, it was fresh, but bland (but he thinks the steak at Mortons is bland...so I don't always believe his food critiques).

There was no dessert anywhere to be found...so I guess it's a good thing he got to blow out all those candles on Saturday at his birthday party!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

oh my word those look like the nastiest nachos ever - seriously.