Friday, May 23, 2008

Fishing for the Fourth Day

Today we fished. Mostly I slept thanks to the Dramamine, but Mike fished a lot. I did catch one fish...and luckily for me, it was the biggest catch of the day!! We caught about 8 mahi mahi...we had more than that on the line, but the others got off before we could fight them into the boat.

It was fun...but I don't know that I'll be venturing out on anymore deep sea fishing trips. I really enjoyed last years choice for fishing. We fished the "flats" near Cancun. The boat was much smaller and the water was very calm. Unlike today.


Today the water was very rough, but it made for good fishing. I didn't get motion sickness...thanks to the Dramamine, but it knocked me flat on my butt. This has happened before, so I started taking just one pill. That one pill, mixed with the rocking of the boat (I guess), put me right to sleep. Dramamine is my GHB I guess...it kinda puts me in an altered state of consciousness. It's really strange.


Anywho...when Pedro and Manuel dropped us off back at the hotel's pier, they sent us on our way with two HUGE fillets of fish. We walked our tired hot bodies down to "Carlos & Charlies," a local bar on the beach just a few hundred yards from the hotel. They cooked up our fish for us...it was fantastic!! They made us gigantic size portions and still had a ton of fish left over. We asked them to please enjoy the rest, since we had no ability to do anything with it. They were happy with that idea...we ate until we couldn't eat anymore...than we waddled down the beach to our balcony and laid in the pool...fat and happy.



Now Mike is napping before he has to get ready for dinner at the hotel's Italian restaurant. I'm sitting here asking myself why I even have hair...especially in this humid, make my hair quazi-curly no matter what weather. Oh yeah...my third book sucks. So I am also wondering why I only brought two good books?? Ugh...I need more to read. Or I need to learn Spanish so I can watch more than one channel on the TV.


Ok...it's time for my siesta. I love vacation.


p.s. I'll include a couple extra pics...just for fun :)

Look at this gorgeous water!! I love the Caribbean!!

This is a picture of our friendly neighborhood gecko. Every time I see him running around the room...I remind myself that they eat other bugs...it's the only reason he's still alive. He eats the bugs I would be freaking out about...so thanks to Richelle and her never ending bothersome love for their geckos...he's still alive...and scampering around my hotel room!!

This one is of Mike's white swim trunks...board shorts...whatever you wanna call 'em. His first fish fought hard once it was in the boat...it didn't give up. The entire boat was a bloody mess...including Mike's shorts. Hopefully they aren't ruined forever...

2 comments:

BUVS said...

Sweet! Looks like fun and causes me to be jealous! :) I'm glad you two are having fun. Happy birthday, Mike.

¿Dónde están los dedos del pie de la salchicha?

About Sean Buvala said...

And, let me say, that when I just have to have a Bon Jovi fix, I know exactly what Blog I will be going to. Much like when I need a Clay Aiken fix, I borrow my mom's toyota.