We woke up late and had breakfast or lunch or whatever over at the "snack bar." We found two little Mexicans cooking up hanburgers and french fries...so we decided that would be a good change of pace. The burgers weren't bad, but VERY Thin...we laughed a lot about how thin the dang burgers were!! The french fries weren't bad and we got our standard plate of fruit from the buffet...the watermelon is pretty good and the pineapple is too!! (It's easy to eat fresh fruit at every meal when it's already prepared and waiting...)
We walked over to the dive shop to inquire about the snorkeling gear the hotel offered on-line and wound up signing ourselves up for a 4-hour snorkeling trip for Sunday afternoon for about $35 each. I almost had Mike signed up to be on a fishing boat for most of Sunday for about $50...but he opt'd for the snorkeling instead...I couldn't believe it!!
While at the dive shop, I found about 7-9 paperback books that seemed to be part of a very small book exchange. I was delighted that there were 2-3 books to choose from that were in English. The others were in languages that have symbols instead of letters...I don't think I would have gotten very far.
Then we walked over to the "fiesta travel" desk...where the people from "Expedia" sit. Since we booked through expedia...we thought we'd inquire about renting a jeep or something so we could see more of the island. Before we left there, we learned that just signing up for a "jeep tour" would be cheaper and I'm sure less stressful than navigating the island ourselves praying that we don't get A) lost B) in an accident or C) trying to make some sort of cash deal with la policia.
Anywho...Monday's adventure will involve the 2 of us, a jeep, 2 ruin sites, a beach, lunch, and snorkeling...and hopefully a guide that is smarter than the jeep. We have to be at the front of the hotel at about 9:15...
I clutched my new favorite book as we headed back to our side of the resort. We decided to stop at our pool bar for beverages before heading up to our room/pool. Mike doesn't enjoy the solidarity nearly as much as I do...we ended up staying down talking to people that had just arrived for hours.
Mike made some new friends...and even agreed to join up for dinner. They are all younger than us, but very nice. There are 2 couples her from Oklahoma and 4 cousins here from Georgia. We had a nice time and we even ventured out to the show (for the 2nd night in a row) and then over to "Bar Azul" before heading back to our room. We had a good time...Mike even talked me into dancing with him for a bit...that was about all I could handle. Our new found friends headed downtown to Senor Frogs to dance and drink more, but we declined and headed for sleep.
All in all the day wasn't bad...like I said...NO complaints.
2 comments:
Oh, you should really take up learning how to read symbols! It really is quite humbling to know that you can't read!!!! Sounds like you are having fun!
man i need to see some video of you dancing :) sounds super fun, i am still super jealous while i sit here and type and sweat in my own house - yippee!
Post a Comment