Thursday, May 22, 2008

On the 3rd Day...

We did just about NOTHING and it was very nice...very vacation!! I slept until 11-ish and Mike slept until 12:30 or so. I guess we were tired!! (or old...)




Anywho...after we were both up and moving, we went over to the main part of the hotel for food...it was our breakfast, but we obviously missed the breakfast food by a couple of hours!!

Then we took a stroll on the rocky beach. It's pretty sad when you are surrounded by the beautiful blue-green Caribbean sea and there isn't a soul laying on the beach enjoying it. The beach here (or at least in front of our hotel) isn't exactly made up of soft white sand. It's mostly rocks...big, small, sharp, ugly rocks.

After our walk, I sat my butt in our not-so-private pool off of our balcony and (did not) enjoy the afternoon I had planned of silence, relaxation and reading book #2. Instead, I was just about thrown out of my own pool area by the newly arrived guests in the room next door. They decided it would be fun for all four (4) of them to sit next to me (and I mean nearly on top of me) and chat loudly about who knows what. I HAVE to learn Spanish!!


If they had stayed in front of their balcony area, it wouldn't have bothered anyone. Instead, they decided to sit on the wall area in front of our balcony...then they moved and sat on the top of the slide. A cute little lady in her 50's or 60's wanted to slide down to the main pool and practically had to squeeze through the 3 people sitting on the slide. They just laughed...I didn't think it was funny. Then they would slide half way down and climb back up the slide...they did this repeatedly. OMG!!

I was going nuts!! I was luckily very into my second book of the trip, so I didn't have to kill anyone. I just tuned them out the best I could...like Dad used to tune us out when he was watching TV and we wanted something...




While I was tuning out the neighbors...Mike was playing volleyball down in the main pool. After that, everyone moved over the slide at the far end of our balcony. I couldn't see what was going on, but I could hear laughing and sliding going on. Mike later informed me that some of the (drunk) women decided to do some naked sliding. I guess that was one option on the "things to-do" list. Interesting...


I finished book 2 of 3 and then wondered what the hell I was going to read after my 3rd book is finished!! Tomorrow we fish...so I won't get through it all. Saturday I think we are going to go into town, so I won't get too much time. But Sunday, Monday and Tuesday...ALL READING DAYS!! AGH!! Hopefully when we are in town on Saturday I can find a couple of books...in English!! I really thought 3 books would keep me busy the entire time we are here...they are all about 400 pages each. Damn, Damn, Damn!! Stupid fast reader!!

We had scheduled to go to dinner at the seafood place here at the hotel, but I wasn't feeling so hot. Luckily, Mike loves me. He went down to the concierge and spoke to the about some meds. The hotel had a local pharmacy deliver some medication...it took less time for that to occur than for our room service to arrive!!

Mike had the medicine on its way at about 8pm. We called for room service at about 8:15. He checked back 3-4 times...the food got here about 10pm. We ordered BLT's and cheeseburgers...we ordered cheesecake for dessert, but it wasn't worth mentioning (or eating for that matter).

All in all today was a good day. The meds are starting to kick in...and the food made us both less grouchy!! Tomorrow should be a lot of fun!! As long as the Dramamine works...and we catch some big fish!!

1 comment:

Carol said...

forget pictures of the medicine bottle, show me some naked women sliding pictures :)