The sunset cruise was definitely a highlight of our trip to Cozumel. Although it started out a bit shaky for me, it the majority of the 4 hours was very enjoyable. I’ve decided to start looking for motion sickness relief in a new form other than Dramamine. I’ve tried the name brand, drowsy and less drowsy. I’ve tried the wannabe Dramamine, Wal-Dram, drowsy and less drowsy. They all either make me sleep, put me into an altered state of consciousness, or don’t work at all. I don’t “I’m gonna puke” sick, I just get the “I don’t feel so good” sick. Even being in the water snorkeling made me feel ugh.
*sigh*
We saw some beautiful sea life, even some polka-dotted fish and a crab; the water was clear, beautiful and warm. Some of the people on the boat saw a small shark, but I was just as happy to not have seen the shark…small or large.
I think that many of the people on the boat were there mainly to drink beer. I hope that AA is in the future for some of the people on that boat yesterday…but their drunkenness made for a VERY enjoyable “booze cruise” (as they called it) for us. I have video…no fear.
After the first snorkeling sight, we set sail for a second spot. The first adventure made me feel so uneasy that I decided I would rather sit and talk…and watch the drunk people rather than attempt to snorkel again.
Well, Either drunk people make me feel WAY better, or it was being in the waves that made me sick…because I felt much better after that. The catamaran had made it to the southern tip of Cozumel and made a turn to head back toward the North. The sun set as we cruised…well, actually we sailed. It was beautiful, even with the clouds, and everyone had a fabulous time.
Once we were back on dry land, we got ready and headed to town for dinner. A newlywed couple that we met on the catamaran told us about a good restaurant in town called “La Chosa.” We hopped in a taxi at the hotel and told the driver to take us to “La Chosa.” He said something that we barely understood about another restaurant names “Casa Mission” and the drove us to town.
Once we were close enough to see downtown, he asked us again where we were going. Mike told him, “La Chosa.” The driver grunted and then said the same thing about “Casa Mission.” We turned down a little street, off the main road, and he stopped in front of a little place named “Casa Mission.” He turned and said that the food at Casa Mission was very good…We decided that the taxi driver really wanted us to eat at Casa Mission, so we decided that we should eat at Casa Mission. The food was pretty good, much better than the buffet food we would have been forced to eat if we had stayed back at the hotel. I got the “Sea Food Plate” which consisted of langosta, pescado and shrimps and Mike got some sort of Mexican food combination platter…I’m not sure what was on it, but it looked pretty good.
As soon as we ordered, our new friends from Georgia walked in. So we invited them to eat with us and had a great time. We then walked over to Senor Frogs, but left after only short time. We think this week must have been the beginning of 2008 Senior trips…because everyone in Senor Frogs BARELY looked old enough to be there (by Mexico standards…not US) and they were all dancing like they were being filmed for a bad overly sexual rap video. Wow…if I have a daughter………
We took a taxi back to the hotel and went to sleep…clearly we aren’t in High School anymore either!!
2 comments:
derek . I think i will go their when i becom a pro skateboarder for a skateboard demo,skateboard comp or a skateboarding bisnes?Oh ya WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ME!!!! PLEASE
ok what is the big surprise for derek? sounds like you had a good trip, glad you are back and now my boys can come out :)
Post a Comment